Wednesday, January 9, 2008

lisa (4)

My first thought when I woke up: Lisa's lips on Catherine’s toes. The flushed pink of Catherine's cheeks. I showered, made coffee and toast, and waited for Catherine to wake up in the apartment’s small bedroom.

Very shortly Catherine came out, wearing one of my t-shirts. She sipped the coffee and closed her eyes gratefully.

“So... you enjoyed having the visit with Lisa? Here is her number. Give her a call and ask her to go shopping with us this morning. She’s expecting it, remember.”

Catherine’s cheeks coloured.

I handed her the phone. “Call her,” I said.

Catherine dialled. We were so close in the small kitchen that I could hear Lisa’s voice.

When she was finished Catherine smiled and lifted her eyebrows. “What shall I shop for? What shall I wear?”

I said nothing, just walked back into the bedroom. She got dressed in the clothes she had worn over last night, just jeans and a loose white blouse. She left her red vinyl dress hanging over the back of the chair, her red patent shoes in the corner of the closet where she had thrown them.

She stopped by once she had gone back to her own place, to show me her outfit, a leather skirt and tight black top. Her nipples were visible; she rarely wore a bra. I looked at them, and Catherine blushed..

“Well, that’s just the way they are.” Then she picked up her bag and left.

No comments: