Tuesday, January 29, 2008

modest whys and wherefores

This blog has become a bit of a travelogue, which suits me fine. I don’t know what I thought it might be or become, but a few other bloggers have caused me to adjust my sails, so to speak, by their messages to me or by their own blogs. Montmartre started in homage to a site that no longer exists, that had a certain flavour, erotic and sensual, run just for fun by a woman from Toronto. The site is gone, and so is she – requiescat in pace.

Also, the posts I have made to this point have been from the past. A fellow blogger asked me if these posts were real; they are, but they are much more coherent here than they were in reality. I suppose I want them to be coherent, or at least I want myself to be coherent in them. I am discovering that as I read others’ blogs, the present also may have a place for me, so I am about to meander in that direction. “Meander” is the operative word: this is likely to be far from a linear journey, with much to and fro between past and present, between one continent and the next. So be it. I think it will remain true to its original conception, though – an arrondissement of the mind, and therefore without boundaries.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I'm writing, I see my whole life laid out before me. I pull it over me and wait for something to rise to the surface, an it doesn't matter if it's the feathers of 20 years ago or yesterday.

Larkin said...

Thanks, Z. This mirrors my approach, I think, although I am easing toward the present rather gingerly. By its nature, the blog will be whatever comes to mind, from the entire pallette of experiences.

Onward...

Anonymous said...

This makes complete sense to me. Write about what's on your mind. Likely there will be times when the present requires your attention, and other times when the past needs to be examined and enjoyed.

Marianne